Thursday, December 27, 2012


Why Not Add Leather Roses to Your Floral Arrangements?

According to a locally-owned, family-run and well-known florist in Indianapolis, Indiana who has been in business for more than 40 years, which has expanded nationally and OUS, states that "artificial arrangements are a thing of the past," and that "live" arrangements are the most popular. 

The rose is the flower of choice when it comes to sentimental occasions and keepsakes, so why not LEATHER ROSES?   Although I am not a floral designer, I enjoy assembling home interiors and clothing ensembles with various colors and textures, which has inspired me to try my home-decorating and clothing techniques with 'leather and live rose' floral arrangements.  

Based on my hypothesis and testing during my research in finding practicality, but yet the EVERLASTING benefit of incorporating leather roses into a live floral arrangement, as well as into mainstream, contrasting textures, appearance and customized colors of leather roses can be liberating and as unique as you prefer, more so than live roses.  When you consider leather created into a rose, you have a keepsake that will literally last forever

Leather roses also show best when used as an accent to a natural, live bouquet of roses(with a few leather roses incorporated into a live arrangement, then preserved as a keepsake of the occasion after the natural ones have expired).  I would not recommend a bouquet of roses made of all leather; however, I have had one request (see photo).


No comments:

Post a Comment